Monday, September 06, 2010

Updates on DiGi BroadBand

I've been using DiGi Broadband for quite some time now, not until recently I was in Balakong, and the signal over there its weak, its so weak that the device is not available for use... Same goes to my phone signal strength, I think it happen, but the area is quite develop, why can't they put in more transmitter around the area to cover the loop holes??

Sincerely hoping Digi will improve, as i am the yellow man loyal customer, despite being screwed up once by digi for one fucking week when i was in genting and expecting some really important phone calls, it happens when i was switching from prepaid to postpaid, the Digi Center in SS2 says that it will take at most 24 hours, and my line will be reactivated again. But that did not happen, and I was told to return to the Digi center to get it done within one hour... I did not know what when wrong and where, all i know i was so pissed a month later when I was again inform my auto credit into my Credit card application was not being process when I applied a month ago, despite the agent from the center photo copy my Credit card and IC. After explaining to the agents over the phone , which turns out to be quite helpful, they decided to investigate and got it rectify without me having to revisit the digi center again.

Now i remember what happen, I was told that on the day of my application to convert from prepaid to postpaid, the center was undergoing an application upgrade, and the process to convert my line from pre to post did not work, I was not reachable(due to my line was deactivated by Digi), and no reminder was entered into the system despite me calling numerous times to ask why my line was not reactivate.

Fast forward 4 months, i was there again in the digi center, this time to add one supplementary line to my primary line, and damn, the agents was efficient despite fasting. everything was done within 1 hour. And not to mention that, one of them shouting at the guards not let customer enter the premises although they have number taken before the center operating hours but they went out to get something and came back after 3pm, they were denied entry, most probably the other agents wanna wrap up early to go home, further clarification with the agents that was handling my case, now they dun open on sundays anymore, the last time they did it was for testing purposes to review on the responses. For my personal opinion, I felt they should open on weekends, because that when some workaholic are free and there are not many DIGI centers around in Klang Valley i would like to add.

Well, that my story with digi...what about yours?

3 comments:

DaoZard said...

experineced the yellowman billing system keep on charging between the main and subline services...have complained so many time until they rectified their system...but, now seems ok dy...

Audrey said...

that's why must go to Digi centre in Solaris... get free coffee some more and they treat you like king :)

far far away said...

Do they provide free parking in Digi Center Solaris??